2,100 Students to Graduate From District 196 Schools
More than 2,100 students are scheduled to graduate from District 196 schools this year. The estimated diploma count of 2,185 includes 444 from Apple Valley High School, 625 from Eagan High School, 550 from Eastview High School and 566 from Rosemount High School.
The high school totals include 175 seniors from the School of Environmental Studies; 46 from the Area Learning Center alternative high school program; 43 from the Transition Plus and Pathway programs, which serve young adults ages 18-21 with special needs; 12 from Dakota Ridge School for students with special needs and 110 adult learners who are expected to graduate from Community Education’s Adult Basic Education (ABE) program.
The following is a complete schedule of commencement ceremonies in the district. Information about location changes due to weather conditions will be available on the school and district websites the day of the event.
- Transition Plus – 12 noon Wednesday, May 30 at the Rosemount Community Center
- Pathway – 1:30 p.m. Friday, June 1 at Pathway/ALC, 5840 149th Street W., Apple Valley
- Adult Basic Education – 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 29 at Falcon Ridge Middle School, 12900 Johnny Cake Ridge Road, Apple Valley
- School of Environmental Studies – 7 p.m. Thursday, May 31 at the Minnesota Zoo Amphitheater (weather permitting)
- Apple Valley High School – 6 p.m. Saturday, June 2 in the stadium (weather permitting)
- Eagan High School – 2:12 p.m. Saturday, June 2 in the stadium (weather permitting)
- Eastview High School – 7 p.m. Saturday, June 2 in the stadium (weather permitting)
- Rosemount High School – 7 p.m. Saturday, June 2 in the stadium (weather permitting)
- Dakota Ridge School - 2 p.m. Thursday, June 7 in the gymnasium
- Area Learning Center – 4:30 p.m. Thursday, June 7, at the ALC, 5840 149th Street W., Apple Valley