Inver Grove residents Zachary Alsterlund, Andrew Kuzas, Benjamin Matlon and Amanda Morgel received the Community of Learners Scholarship (CLS) from the University of North Dakota for the 2012-2013 academic year.
The Community of Learners Scholarship is awarded to high school seniors who have shown exemplary achievement in both high school GPA and test scores.
According to the UND website, the following criteria are necessary for students to maintain their scholarship:
- Belong to and participate in at least one UND recognized student organization (each semester)
- Complete a minimum of 12 credits (each semester)
- Maintain an institutional GPA of at least 3.00 (each semester)
- Live in a residence hall during the first year and either resident hall or Greek housing for the second year (requirement not evaluated until end of academic year).
- Supply documentation of an official meeting with an advisor from your academic area (each semester)
The scholarships are funded by the University of North Dakota Foundation.