The bad smell in the air in Rosemount Wednesday morning does not pose any risk of fire or explosion, Rosemount officials say.
Here is the news release issued on the City of Rosemount’s website:
A chemical odor but not a safety risk resulted this morning from an incident at a private gas-handling facility near Highway 3 and 160th Street West in Rosemount.
Rosemount Fire crews responded at 7 a.m. to a report of a valve break at the facility. The valve controlled the chemical used as an odor agent. No natural gas leaked at the facility, and there was no risk of fire or explosion.
The smell may spread from the immediate area, and community notification phone calls will be issued from the Dakota Communications Center to advise residents they are not at risk of a gas leak from this incident.
Residents with questions should contact NGL Supply Terminal Co. at 612-802-2663.