It’s time for Apple Valley and Rosemount residents to “Give to the Max.”
Each year, a 24-hour period—known as Give to the Max Day, which started at midnight Thursday, Nov. 15, this year—allows for everyone to flex their philanthropic muscle and offers hourly $1,000 bonuses for organizations receiving donations during that time. One $10,000 "golden ticket" bonus will be handed out as well.
Last year, 47,539 people donated roughly $13.6 million to 4,000 nonprofits statewide during the day.
The following are some of the organizations in Apple Valley and Rosemount registered to take part in Give to the Max Day. Click on the title to go to the organization’s Give to the Max webpage:
• APPLE VALLEY HOCKEY ASSOCIATION
• DISTRICT 196 FOUNDATION INCORPORATED DBA Rosemount High School
• ROSEMOUNT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
• APPLE VALLEY SENIORS
• ROSEMOUNT AREA HOCKEY ASSOCIATION
• APPLE VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL ALL SPORTS BOOSTER CLUB
• ROSEMOUNT AREA ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION INC
• APPLE VALLEY ROTARY SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION
• ROSEMOUNT HALLOWEEN COMMITTEE
• APPLE VALLEY FOUNDATION
• ROSEMOUNT AREA ARTS COUNCIL
• APPLE VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL VOLLEYBALL BOOSTER CLUB
• KIDS-N-KINSHIP INC.
• ROSEMOUNT AREA HISTORICAL SOCIETY
• PAIDEIA TEAM INC
• SCOTT-CARVER-DAKOTA CAP AGENCY, INC.
• GREENLEAF BOOSTER ASSOCIATION
• ISD 917 ALLIANCE EDUCATION CENTER
• EAGAN RESOURCE CENTER
• ART START
• SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES EDUCATION FOUNDATION
• CHRISTOPHER GOEKE LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION
Click here to find more organizations in and around Apple Valley and Rosemount that are participating.
Do you know of a local organization taking part in Give to the Max Day? Let us know in the comments.