- This evening from 4 to 7 p.m. is the Apple Valley High School speech and debate team spaghetti dinner fundraiser at the American Legion in Apple Valley. Tickets are $6 and can be purchased at the door. The meal includes spaghetti and meat sauce, salad, bread and a drink.
- Eastview High School's football team will take orders for its spring geranium sale through April 30, according to an announcement from the school. The customer pick-up date will be May 21 at the entrance to the high school varsity field. To place an order, contact Jill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Diamond Path Elementary has formed a team for the H2O for Life Walk for Water event scheduled for Saturday at Target Field. The event is a 5K walk, and Diamond Path invites families to join the team, according to an announcement from the school. Visit the school's website for a registration sheet and more information.
- At Apple Valley High School, students raised more than $500 through a penny war for the Japanese Earthquake Relief Fund, according to an announcement from the school.
- Middle school students in District 196 will be released at 11:45 a.m. on May 13 so staff can plan for the new six-period schedule that will be implemented this fall, according to school announcements. Students will eat lunch at school before being released.
- Eastview High School's National Honor Society will host its scholarship 5K race and kids fun run on Saturday, April 30, according to a school announcement. Proceeds will benefit the the school's NHS scholarship fund and academic literacy programs.
T-shirt pickup begins at 7:30 a.m. in the Eastview stadium.
Kids one-half or one-mile run around the track begins at 8:30 a.m.
5K run begins at 9 a.m., starting at Eastview and going through the Cedar Isle neighborhood, and finishing at Eastview's stadium. Chip timing will be provided, and the course is USA Track and Field certified. Strollers and dogs are welcome at the race, but the school asks that competitive runners be given space at the starting line.
Those interested can register online via active.com. Registration forms also are available in Eastview's main office.
Registration fees are $25 in advance or $30 day-of for 5K participants, and $10 in advance or $15 day-of for kids.
- Diamond Path Elementary will collect empty inkjet and laser cartridges to recycle Monday through Saturday to celebrate National Environmental Education week, according to a school announcement. The school collects cartridges all year, but hopes to collect more than usual this week. Click here to see which cartridges qualify.
- Apple Valley High School's Advancement Via Individual Determination will hold an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast from 8 to 10 a.m. Saturday at the Applebee's in Apple Valley, according to a school announcement. Tickets are $5 apiece and can be purchased in advance from an AVID student, or the morning of the event. Funds will be used for an AVID college scholarship.
- The Better Business Bureau of Minnesota and North Dakota is taking nominations through May 2 for its annual Integrity Awards, which award a business for practicing outstanding ethics, according to a news release. For-profit businesses in Minnesota and North Dakota are eligible, and BBB membership is not required. Nominate a business at thefirstbbb.org, by mail to Mackenzie Kelley, 2706 Gannon Rd., St. Paul, MN 55116, or by fax to 651-699-7665. Nominations should include the name of the company and a contact there, address, phone number, and e-mail, and the nominator's name and phone number.
- Apple Valley High School's senior party committee will hold a Ford test drive fundraiser at the school from 1 to 4 p.m. on Saturday, April 30, according to a school announcement. People 18 or older are asked to sign up in advance to test drive one of the cars for about 15 minutes; for each driver, Ford will donate $20. Funds will support the senior class party and will buy a gift from the senior class to the school. Prizes will be awarded during the event. Sign up to drive by clicking this link and filling out the form. With questions, contact Sharon at email@example.com.