Editor's Note: The following is a press release from Dakota County Public Health services.
Dakota County Public Health provides reduced fee immunizations for people who are eligible for Minnesota Vaccines for Children (MnVFC) vaccines. There is a $14 administration fee, but if a person who is eligible is not able to pay
the fee they can still be immunized. Persons who have private insurance that covers immunizations are not eligible for MnVFC vaccine and should contact their private medical provider. Some vaccines are available for a fee for
persons who do not qualify for MnVFC vaccine. Call 952-891-7528 for information on vaccines and cost.
MnVFC Eligibility Guidelines
- Children 18 years of age and younger who do not have health insurance
- Children on a Minnesota Health Care Program - MA, MnCare, or PMAP (Please bring your medical card)
- Children who are American Indian or Alaskan Native
- Children who have health insurance that does not cover vaccinations
- Children who have health insurance with an unmet deductible
- Adults (19 and older) may qualify for some vaccinations; check our website at www.dakotacounty.us (search “Vaccines for Adults”) or call 952-891-7528 for eligibility guidelines and vaccine availability.
- Tuesday, Aug. 14, appointments only at the , 14955 Galaxie Avenue, Suite 286, Apple Valley
- 4–5:45 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 16, walk-in at the Dakota County Northern Service Center, 1 Mendota Road W., Suite 410, West St. Paul
- 4-6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 21, walk-in at the Dakota County Western Service Center, 14955 Galaxie Avenue, Apple Valley
This year, the United States is on pace to have the most cases of pertussis, or whooping cough, in five decades; there have been 18,000 reported cases this year, according to the Centers for Disease Control. Minnesota is one of the states reporting high numbers of the bacterial disease that is preventable by vaccines.
Immunizations given at public clinics should not be substituted for routine well-child visits. Minors under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Bring all immunization records with you to the clinic. Credit and debit cards are not accepted. For more information, call the Immunization Hotline at 952-891-7999.