Today, we celebrate Veterans Day, a national holiday to pay tribute to our military personnel serving or who have served in armed conflicts.
There are several Veterans Day deals out there that businesses are giving away to show their appreciation.
The Military Wallet website advises veterans and active military personnel wanting to participate in the offers to keep two things in mind:
• Proof of Military Service—Most companies require some form of military ID. These include: a Military ID Card (active/reserve/retired), Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), Drivers License with Veterans Designation, Photograph in uniform, be wearing uniform (if your service permits), Veterans Organization Card (e.g., American Legion and VFW), DD214, discharge paperwork or other form of identification. Other restaurants and companies may go by the honor system.
• Participation—Second, always call ahead to verify locations, times, and participation. Many of the listed companies are franchises and may have different policies.
Here are a few that veterans in the Apple Valley-Rosemount area can take advantage of:
• Applebee's—Last year, Applebee’s served more than 1 million free meals to military veterans and active service members. Applebee’s is again offering a free meal to military veterans and active-duty service members on Veterans Day, Nov. 11. There will be seven entrées to choose from, beverage and gratuity not included. Military ID or proof of service required.
• Denny’s—Free all-you-can-eat pancakes from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 12 for all active, retirees, and veterans with a valid military ID or proof of military service. Offer available in every Denny’s nationwide.
Famous Dave’s—Free or discounted meals on Veterans Day. Offer varies by location, please check the Famous Dave’s Veterans Day page or call your local restaurant for more information.
• Home Depot—The Home Depot is offering all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military, veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off their purchases in honor of Veterans Day. The offer is valid on purchases of up to $2,000 for a maximum of $200 and is available at The Home Depot stores, The Home Depot Design Center locations, Yardbirds and EXPO Design Center(R) locations. The 10 percent military discount is available everyday for active duty and retirees, but not all veterans. Home Depot makes this offer available to all veterans on most military holidays.
• Little Caesars Pizza—Little Caesars is honoring the men and women of the United States armed forces this Veterans Day, Nov. 11, by providing veterans and active military members with a free Crazy Bread with proof of military status or proof of service at participating stores nationwide. Call ahead to verify participation.
• Red Robin—Free Red’s Tavern Double and Bottomless Steak Fries for all Red Robin guests with a military ID or proof of service on Monday, Nov. 12. Red Robin is also partnering with Heinz for Veterans Day to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. Red Robin will also donate $10,000 to the Wounded Warrior Project.
• Subway—Select Subway Restaurants will offer a FREE six inch sub or flatbread to military veterans on Veterans Day. This offer is valid only on Nov. 11. at participating local Subway restaurants, Military ID or proof of service required. Note: Subway Restaurants are franchises, so this offer may not be available everywhere. Please call ahead for participation and times.