If you're an Apple Valley resident with an interest in what makes the city work, this is your lucky day.
The City of Apple Valley is seeking volunteers to serve on its various advisory committees and commissions. These citizen committees review policies and proposals and make recommendations to the city council on a variety of topics.
The city’s committees and commissions include:
- Cemetery Advisory Committee, which meets at 2 p.m. on the third Tuesday in January, April, July and October.
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee, which meets at 7 p.m. on the first Thursday in January, March, May, September and November.
- Planning Commission, which meets at 7 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of each month.
- Telecommunications Advisory Committee, which meets at 7 p.m. on the first Monday in March, June and December and the second Monday in September.
- Traffic Safety Advisory Committee, which meets at 7 p.m. on the second Wednesday in January, March, May, July, September and November.
- Urban Affairs Committee, which meets at 7 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of each month on an as-needed basis.
More detailed information on the duties and responsibilities of each committee and commission can be found at the city’s website, www.cityofapplevalley.org. All committee and commission meetings are held at the Apple Valley Municipal Center, 7100 147th Street W.
Residents interested in serving on a committee or commission may pick up an application at the Municipal Center. Application forms are also available at the link below. Applications are due by Feb. 13.