Both cities are planning fall cleanup days in the coming weeks.
Apple Valley’s fall cleanup day is planned for 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22, at the Quarry Point Athletic Complex, 15725 Pilot Knob Road. Click here to see the brochure on the city's website.
Materials accepted and associated fees include:
• Car tires—$5 each
• Semi tires—$10 each
• Tractor tires—$25 each
• Recliner, sofa, love seat—$15 each
• Sofa with a hide-a-bed—$25 each
• Wooden chairs—$5 each
• Scrap metal—$7 minimum for small items (bikes, propane tanks) and $10 minimum for large items (lawnmowers, grills, snow blowers)
• Home remodeling debris—$50/pickup load, but the price varies depending on volume/weight
• Carpet and padding—$1 per square yard (provide approx. dimensions)
• Mattresses and boxsprings—$15 each
• Baby mattresses—$5 each
• Miscellaneous: Price is based on volume, for instance $35 per car load and $50 per pickup load
The following materials will not be accepted: appliances, leaves or grass, brush or tree trimmings, household hazardous wastes, regular home recyclables, business waste, railroad ties, car batteries, motor oil and filters.
Proof of Apple Valley residency will be required to take part in cleanup day. Cash or checks payable to the City of Apple Valley will be accepted for payment.
For more information, call 952-953-2702.
The city has planned a special pickup day for appliance on Monday Sept. 24. Residents should call either J.R.’s Appliance (651-454-9215) or Certified Appliance Recycling (952-894-1448) before noon Thursday, Sept. 20, to schedule a pickup and obtain fee information.
Editor’s Note: The following is a press release from the City of Rosemount.
A citywide cleanup day will be held on Saturday, Oct. 6, from 8 a.m. until noon at the Rosemount Public Works Facility, 14455 Brazil Ave., just north of the Rosemount City Hall. Residents are welcome to participate in the event by dropping off unwanted items that are not normally collected by their residential solid waste haulers.
Rosemount will be working with J.R.’s Advanced Recyclers for collection and disposal of electronic equipment and appliances. Anyone dropping off these items will pay J.R.’s directly. Therefore, participants who wish to dispose of electronics and/or appliances along with other items for which we charge should be prepared to pay J.R.’s Advanced Recyclers and the City of Rosemount separately.
The following is a small list of items accepted at the clean up event and the associated fees:
• Intact automotive batteries—Free
• Construction and demolition debris—Free
• Fluorescent bulbs—$0.50 to $4.25, depending on size and type
• Carpet—$2 per roll
• Computers/laptops—$5 per item
• Computer monitors—$15 to $25 depending on size
• Tires—$5 per car tire, $15 per truck/tractor tire
• Mattresses, sofas/couches—$10 per item
• Appliances—$10 per item
• Televisions—$15 to $45 depending on size
• Other furniture—$5 per item
• Steel (clean)—Free
• Steel (light, such as bicycles, exercise equipment, etc.)—$2 per item
• Steel (heavy, such as lawnmowers, snow blowers, etc.)—$5 per item
• Solid waste /garbage—$5 per item (or $10 per pick up truck load)
See a detailed price list at http://ci.rosemount.mn.us/DocumentCenter/View/404. Please note: Only cash and checks are accepted. Please contact the City’s Solid Waste Coordinator at (651) 322-6005 with any questions.
Loose items should be boxed or bagged to make unloading easier and quicker. Keep in mind that not all material can be collected. Therefore, the City of Rosemount reserves the right to refuse any unacceptable material such as compost and yard waste, motor oil, or household hazardous waste like paints and solvents. There are other sites within Dakota County that will accept these items.
This event is for Rosemount residents only. Please note, a driver’s license or other proof of residency will be required. Participants are reminded that this event is for household quantities of materials only. Any children attending the cleanup event must be closely supervised, as there are many vehicles and assorted equipment moving throughout the site. Staff will be on hand to assist residents.
SKB Environmental, Advanced Recyclers, Gopher Resource Corporation, and Dick’s Sanitation sponsor this event. The City would like to extend thanks to all these business for their assistance and support of the clean-up event.