Here's a recap of the posts that generated the most interest on in June. Did you catch all of them? Click the links to get back to the original posts.
- Our top post of June was from early in the month, about where a graduation party was being held. Several were cited for disorderly conduct, police used a Taser on one reportedly noncompliant boy, and then the incident spread into a nearby neighborhood and to the Apple Valley as those involved dispersed.
- that rolled through the area a couple weeks ago was our next most popular post—trees and utility polls felled and snapped in half, ball field fences blown over and more.
- Next was after lightning apparently struck a gas meter of one home and traveled along the line to the other home. (And remember at ? Apple Valley was a popular lightning-strike destination in June.)
- One of our south metro roundups also got readers' attention; , and a new frozen yogurt shop in Burnsville.
- Rounding out our most popular posts was about contamination investigations at UMore Park—and communication of the results—to officials of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, Barr Engineering and the University of Minnesota at a planned open house meeting near the end of June. The meeting turned into an open forum format as residents slung questions and criticisms at the representatives.