Here's a recap of the posts that generated the most interest on Rosemount Patch in May. Did you catch all of them?
- Many of our readers wanted to see students —that was Rosemount Patch's most popular post in May.
- Coming in second, 'Dakota County Votes No' to vote against the amendment that will be on the November election ballot in Minnesota, which, if favored by a majority of voters would create a constitutional amendment defining marriage as between one man and one woman.
- A former Rosemount woman and former Eagan High School basketball coach money from School District 196—about $30,000 over more than two-and-a-half years. Dawn Westphal was charged with nine counts of theft by swindle, while former coach Kurt Virgin was charged with six counts.
- Next: Rosemount man Ryan James Reeves in South St. Paul in which the alleged victim stated he was threatened at different times with a filled Jacuzzi, a handgun and a knife—and was kicked, punched and choked—before managing to escape.
- Rounding out the list: A new report on contamination at UMore Park in Rosemount , lead, mercury, PCBs and other toxins at nearly 200 individual test locations. The report says, however, that this shouldn't prevent future development.
For the biggest stories in May in Apple Valley, .