1. The Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan public schools board will adopt a preliminary tax levy at its Monday meeting, scheduled for 6 p.m. at in Apple Valley. (At 5:30 p.m. they'll hold a special meeting to discuss the levy limit before voting on it.)
A board memo shows the $75.76 million total levy proposed for 2011 (payable in 2012) is about $2.65 million, or 3.38 percent, less than last year. This is the maximum the state will allow.
2. If you eat at the on Tuesday and mention , 15 percent of your purchase will go to benefit the school.
Have information about more school or community organization fundraisers going on? Post them to our events calendar!
3. Cloud computing is getting a lot of buzz. at the , from 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday to learn more about how businesses can use "the cloud" to improve communication, collaboration and mobility. (Free breakfast included!) Register on the event's Eventbrite page.
4. scheduled for 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday at the in Apple Valley, and not only will you get the satisfaction of knowing you're contributing to a good cause (and possibly saving someone's life), you'll get a coupon for a free value slam breakfast.
5. Have you checked out the online registration option for Apple Valley's Parks and Recreation programs? The feature .