1. You might have seen that and each , scheduled for Thursday through Saturday at the University of Minnesota Aquatic Center.
But another group of District 196 athletes also have a state tournament coming up. The Dakota United Hawks adapted soccer team made state, scheduled for Friday and Saturday at Stillwater High School. Last year, the cognitive-impairment team won the state consolation game, while the physical-impairment team lost the championship game.
2. Dakota Valley Recycling is sponsoring a week-long shoe donation in Apple Valley, Eagan and Burnsville. From Monday through Sunday, you can drop off old or unwanted shoes at the in a bin inside the building.
The shoes will be collected by the Adult Training Rehabilitation Center and will either be reused or the materials will be recycled and made into new products.
Hours at the community center are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Saturday and noon to 7:30 p.m. Sunday.
3. Valley Middle School thespians this week
Shows are at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday in the school cafeteria. Tickets are available at the door before performances: $5 for adults, $3 for students and senior citizens, free for kids 5 and under.
4. For more entertainment, , "Just a Glimpse!" at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the school's theater. All the school's dance classes will perform numbers to a diverse array of music, from Janet Jackson and Ciara to Florence and the Machine and the Dropkick Murphys.
Tickets are $5 and will be sold at the door.
5. Road work for bus rapid transit continues in anticipation of winter on Cedar Avenue and surrounding streets. Nothing major is new this week, but you can check out the county's website for the schedule of exactly what activities will be going on through Saturday. Mostly, activities consist of building fences and retaining walls, finishing traffic-light work, planting trees and seeding and cleaning up prior to winter.