Editor's note: The following information was provided by District 196.
Seven District 196 employees were recognized for their outstanding service at this year’s Partners in Education banquet held last week at Eagan High School.
Outstanding Service Award recipients are nominated by colleagues and selected by a committee made up of employees representing different employee groups.
The District 196 Outstanding Service Award recipients for 2011-12 are:
- Elaine Barthelemy, gifted and talented/Young Scholars teacher, Oak Ridge Elementary School;
- Linda Brown, secretary to the assistant principal, Eagan High School;
- Scott Gjesdahl, purchasing and receiving supervisor;
- Dick Rischmiller, building chief, Echo Park Elementary School;
- Candace Ruckdashel, gifted and talented/Young Scholars teacher, ;
- Deb Runkle, student systems support specialist, District Office; and
- Sally Soliday, principal, Echo Park Elementary School
Seventy-nine district employees who have retired within the last year or will retire at the end of this school year were also recognized at the banquet, which is paid for by employee bargaining groups and attendees. Those 79 employees have a combined 1,728 years of service in District 196.