Written by Local Editor Wendy Erlien
Deer hunting licenses in Minnesota are now available for residents.
Hunters can purchase a deer license and apply for the lottery or a special hunt at any DNR license agent, such as these in Apple Valley and Rosemount:
- Dakota County Service And License Center, 14955 Galaxie Ave., 952-891-7570
- Wal-Mart Supercenter #2642, 7835 150Th St. W., 952-431-9700
- Holiday Stationstore #316, 5980 149Th St., 612-891-5090
- Robert Trail Library License Center, 14395 S Robert Trail, 651-480-1238
- Holiday Stationstore #333, 7287 161St St. W., 952-322-3105
- Holiday Stationstore #222, 15066 Chippendale Ave., 651-423-3155
Fifty-eight of the state’s 129 permit areas are lottery areas. The number of permit areas designated as lottery is unchanged from 2012. The number of either-sex permits available has increased about 10 percent, according to the DNR.
Hunters can apply for lottery deer areas and special hunts using both their firearm and muzzleloader licenses. Lottery winners will be notified in October, according to the Minnesota Department of National Resources.
Information provided by the Minnesota Department of Resources