The Minnesota State High School League Section 3AA soccer and girls tennis tournaments continue today, and Apple Valley-Rosemount teams are in the thick of things.
Here is a rundown of today’s playoff action:
• No. 4 Eagan at No. 1 Eastview, 5 p.m.—Top-seeded Eastview shut out Hastings, 8-0, in Tuesday’s section quarterfinals. Devin Miller scored three goals Jacob Opheim recorded two assists to pace the Lightning (10-2-4 overall). Kyle LaMott had three saves in goal.
Eagan reached the semifinals with a 2-1 overtime victory over Burnsville on Tuesday. Ryan Mott and Wyatt Wagner netted goals for the Wildcats.
• No. 6 Rosemount at No. 2 Apple Valley, 7 p.m.—Apple Valley (13-1-3 overall) escaped the quarterfinals with a shootout victory over seventh-seeded Park on Tuesday night. Matt Christiansen had a goal and Kyle Levac added an assist for the Eagles.
Rosemount scored the upset of the section tournament so far with its 2-1 victory over third-seeded Henry Sibley on Tuesday. The Irish (9-7-1 overall) fell behind 1-0 in the first half before scoring two unanswered goals in the second half.
• No. 4 Apple Valley at No. 1 Eastview, 7 p.m.—Top-seeded Eastview (11-3-1 overall) had an easy time with number-eight St. Paul Highland, 5-0, in
Tuesday’s section quarterfinals. Emily Sutliff had two goals for the Lightning.
Apple Valley (8-6-2 overall) scored two first-half goals en route to its 3-0 victory over fifth-seeded Rosemount.
• No. 3 Eagan at No. 2 Park, 7 p.m.—In Tuesday’s quarterfinals, Park shut out number-seven Henry Sibley, 3-0, and Eagan defeated sixth-seed Hastings, 4-0.
• No. 2 Rosemount vs. No. 1 Prior Lake, 4 p.m.—Second-seeded Rosemount defeated third-seeded Eastview, 4-3, in Tuesday's semifinal match to reach today's final. Rosemount will face top-seeded Prior Lake for the section title at the Lakeville Lifetime Fitness.